Scouts Canada, the country’s leading youth organization, offers challenging programs for boys, girls and youth age 5-26 in thousands of individual groups in most cities and towns across Canada.
Scouts Canada is a non-profit organization. To ensure that we are able to continue to deliver the high quality of program we have for over the past ninety years, we rely on the generous support of people like you.
There are two official Scouts Canada fundraisers that help fund local and national activities. Click on the images below to learn more!
GET INVOVLED IN A TREE PLANTING EVENT - 2017
You can participate as a section or as a whole group. Everyone is welcome. Simply choose a location and register with the planting host as requested.
JUST PLANTING TREES?
Groups who are conducting Scoutrees programs as a community service, without the fundraising portion, can purchase Scoutrees crests for $1.00 per crest. Crests will be available in late April.
Please contact Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-490-6364 ext. 246 for more information.
PLANNING YOUR SCOUTREES EVENT
To ensure you have a successful Scoutrees fundraiser and tree planting event, it’s important to plan ahead of time. We have provided you with some helpful Step-by-Step suggestions.
- STEP 1 – Register for Scoutrees
- Once you’ve decided that your Scout group is going to participate, please contact your Council Commissioner to register in the Scoutrees fundraiser and order fundraising kits and crests. For further information you can contact Jen at email@example.com or call 416-490-6364 ext. 246.
STEP 2 - Decide where you are going to plant trees
Choose the planting location of your choice and register with the organization as described.
STEP 3 - Plan your fundraising efforts
- In the fundraising kit, each participant will have a pledge form to collect pledges from family, friends or co-workers.
- Canvass your local community by going door-to-door or run a community booth.
- Donations of $20.00 or more can receive a charitable tax receipt.
- If you are interested in doing a booth or setting up a table at a local event or store, you can book Scouts Canada banners, tents, popcorn machines and marketing material from the local Scout office. Please email Shana at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Choose the planting location of your choice and register with the organization as described.
- STEP 4 – Completing the Scoutrees Fundraising Report
- Once you are done all your fundraising, Scout Groups are asked to send in a report along with a cheque for the 15% to go to the Canadian Scouting Brotherhood Fund. This report should also contain details for any requests for tax receipts.
- STEP 5 - Share Stories, Pictures Etc.
- Please be sure to send us your stories or pictures from your fundraising events and tree planting event. Please forward to Shana at email@example.com
Scout Popcorn is Scouts Canada's official fundraiser and has been since 1995. More than $50 million has been raised across Canada to support local Scout Groups and youth with such things as camps, jamborees, outdoor activities and even registration rates.
Scout Popcorn runs throughout September and October. Almost 60% of the sale of individual products goes back to local Scout Groups.
For more information on Scout Popcorn please click here.
|Scoutrees Group Pledge Form (PDF)|